• Work with art director and other artists to create compelling environment lighting while maintaining a consistent style throughout the game
• Create atmospheric lighting that communicates mood, storytelling and gameplay
• Create and manage the assets required in our post process pipeline, including colour volume textures, fog textures, HDR Skies, etc.
• Optimization of lighting to meet performance requirements while maintaining the established look and feel
• Adjust textures and objects as necessary for best lighting results
• Collaborate with programming, art, and design teams to solve lighting challenges
• Provide feedback and insight in the development of lighting pipelines and tools
• Establish best practices and mentor other artists in the use of good lighting techniques
• 3+ years Senior level experience in game development lighting
• Excellent understanding of real-time and pre-rendered lighting techniques (including dynamic lights, global illumination, ambient occlusion, and pre-baked light map solutions)
• Excellent understanding of Physically Based Rendering standards and techniques.
• Excellent understanding of the impacts of lighting on a typical game level and the ability to demonstrate problem solving in this regard.
• A strong understanding of light, shadow, and colour, with the ability to use that understanding to create dynamic compositions.
• Demonstrated ability to work self-directed when necessary
• Proficient with Maya, 3ds Max (or at least one major 3D software package) & Photoshop
• Ability to meet tight deadlines in our fast-paced environment
• Aptitude for learning new software tools
• Possess exemplary oral and written communication skills
• A passion for games and the games industry
• Experience with level population and world building a plus
• Strong traditional art background
• Excellent understanding of efficient techniques for game production
• Willing to relocate to London, Ontario an asset
Apply for this full-time opportunity directly on our website!