About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
Splash Damage is looking for a talented Senior/Lead Lighting Artist with a strong understanding of lighting and composition to help create stunning and inspiring environments for the Gears of War Franchise.
Working within our multi-discipline art team, you will be collaborating with Art Direction and Design to ensure our maps are fun to play and look visually impressive.
As a Splash Damage Lighting Artist, you will:
- Work with the Art Director and Lead Artists to keep artistic style & mood consistent with our defined visual style for the game
- Collaborate with the Design Team to maintain gameplay requirements, and with Tech Art to manage a balance between aesthetic quality and performance requirements
- Maintain quality, efficiency and consistency across your work
Essential Skills and Experience
- Great artistic knowledge and ability to devise creative lighting solutions
- Strong understanding of art fundamentals and design (including a thorough insight into composition and colour theory)
- Great technical knowledge of how to do lighting in game engines such as Unreal
- Good communication ability to receive and provide clear feedback
- Passion for game development
- Strong traditional art skills or photography
- Good understanding of physically based rendering
- Ability to participate in R&D of new techniques and implement into production pipeline