Senior Performance Engineering Architect
We are looking for an experienced Senior Performance Engineering Architect to join our core technology team in Stockholm.
Your role within our Kingdom
Work as part of a small and autonomous core technology team to support games that entertain millions of players. You will challenge and refine our way of working with internal technology. As a developer you have an interest in understanding the whole tech stack, you have good analytical capabilities, you write well-structured high-performance code, are comfortable working with a complicated code-base and have a great sense of what is performant and scalable. We work in agile sprints using an iterative approach, so you see the impact of your work almost immediately.
* Deliver high quality/high performance and well-structured code
* Conduct experiments and analysis to identify performance challenges and uncover optimization opportunities in Unity based games
* Be a role model with solid coding skills, an innovative mindset, and the ability to inspire those around you
* Be proactive, drive own initiatives and spread knowledge
* Support King's game teams running our services, on-site and remote
Skills to create thrills
* Extensive software development experience
* Excelling in performance characterization, knowledge of performance analysis methodologies
* Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks
* Passion for squeezing every ounce of performance out of the software
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* Proficient using Data Oriented Design patterns with extensive low level architectural knowledge
* Professional experience with Android or iOS development
* Experience building plugins and libraries for Unity
* Professional experience from a leading role in a Unity project from start to finish
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.