Senior Game Artist
King is looking for an exceptionally skilled Senior Artist to join our family in Barcelona! Birthplace of Bubble Witch Saga and home to some of our exciting new projects, our Stockholm studio is a dynamic, creative hub. As Senior Artist, you will take the lead on on of our live games and be a champion for art, working within a passionate team to create magical moments for millions of people.
Your role within our Kingdom
As a confident senior artist, you will have a thorough knowledge of what good art looks like and can drive your vision forward. As the spokesperson for Art you will also have a close collaboration with producers, game designers, developers, business performance, player insight and of course brand. With an innovative spirit, you will contribute beyond the assigned tasks and actively seek new opportunities to add value to your game and to King. Responsibilities include:
* Define, communicate and champion the games visual style ensuring its aligned with the target demographic and product goals
* Ensure a consistent art style across all areas of the product at all times
* Set the expectation of the highest levels of quality for all areas of art
* Make sure that all art is delivered to the game in accordance to the technical requirements of the project
* Promote a safe environment for open critique and feedback within the team
* Embed coaching, mentoring and knowledge sharing into the daily team activities
* Partner with Producers and/or Scrum Masters to define and prioritise tasks
* Support the creative and professional development of the Artists
* Facilitate a red carpet experience when introducing new Artists into the team
* Assist with the Artist performance review process and work closely with the Studio Art Director to support a healthy and productive art department
Skills to Create Thrills
You will be an established Artist and lead with demonstrable experience in the fundamental artistic and art-leadership principles. You will also bring:
* Great skills and experience in Art Direction with the ability to define, communicate and champion an Artistic vision
* Demonstrable experience in high quality visual decision-making and problem solving
* Experienced in creating Moodboards, Style guides, Brand guidelines & other necessary documentation
* A full understanding of all areas of game art and proven track record of successfully leading a team to deliver high quality art & animations in line with project style and goals
* Experience as people manager and an understanding of the mix of competencies you need in your team to excel and drive great performance
* Experience and passion for coaching, developing and leading artists
* Strong communication and organizational skills, you feel at home with project planning
* An advanced level of proficiency with industry standard 2d & 3d software
* Experience in developing software within an Agile environment
* Experience of creating casual, mobile, browser based and/or Facebook games
* Experience in UI and UX design
An online portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skills is required!
A Great Saga Needs all Sorts of Heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in Barcelona
Home to numerous King games studios and our Global Services Centre, our familia in Barcelona is growing ever greater. Come lunchtime, you can enjoy amazing views of the city from our roof terraces. Come night time, the delights of the city will be on your doorstep. Magic really is in the air. After all, Bubble Witch Saga 3, Diamond Digger Saga and Pyramid Solitaire Saga were created here.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.