This is an amazing opportunity for an experienced Senior Animator to join us here at nDreams to help evolve the perception of character animation and general motion within VR. Focusing exclusively on the VR platforms, we are at the frontier of new hardware and innovative methods of implementation. A new and increased sense of depth allows for creative and innovative ways to ramp up the perception of animation, bringing immersion and motion to the forefront of VR.
We are looking for someone that sees the potential in VR and to apply themselves to the studio’s goal of trail blazing fresh, creative and immersive uses of every discipline, to converge on truly innovative games and experiences.
As a Senior Animator, you’ll be responsible for both the artistry of your animation as much as its perception in an all-encompassing VR space. We value the power of animation and the impact it can have when gelling a cohesive and innovative sense of style and presentation. If you are as passionate about quality animation, pushing creativity and immersion to new levels in VR, then we’d love to hear from you.
This opportunity affords an amount of autonomy across multiple platforms and as such requires a self-driven and motivated quality. Working alongside multiple development teams whilst following direction via the Lead Animator. Strong communicative skills, both visually and verbally plus a keen technical aptitude towards new software and Real-time animation are key.
The Senior Animator will be heavily involved in many areas: -
- Understand Art direction and complement with motion
- Able to Create Quality Animation.
- Show a good working knowledge of contemporary real-time engines (Unreal and Unity) and their respective animation capabilities.
- Help push the legibility as well as stylistic qualities within each animation set.
- Support Junior animations on the team
- Work extremely closely with the Principal Character and VFX Artists to assist and see through the creation of various characters or animation set pieces.
- Actively self-initiate proposals and demonstrations of new and innovative animation styles and executions where appropriate.
- Have a good understanding of a motion capture executions, pipelines and direction.
- Demonstrate a strong understanding and wide capability as an animator.
- Have a fundamental understanding of animation, timing and weighting.
- Be able to work as a part of a team and also on your own initiative.
- Show a strong working knowledge of traditional and digital 2D and 3D animation
- Demonstrate a strong technical aptitude and knowledge base for appropriate software and real-time engine use, Maya, Motion Builder, UE4 and Unity for example.
- Show an understanding and execution on a varied selection of animation styles, from realistic to stylised.
- Good time management skills with the ability to prioritise their work.
- Able to articulate and receive constructive feedback on their own and peers work.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Work with a level of self-driven autonomy whilst reliably and effectively participating in team development.
- A graduate of a Degree or equivalent qualification within a relevant discipline. Or at least 3 years’ experience in industry.
- Real-time engine experience, ideally in both Unreal and or Unity.
- Excellent working knowledge of Maya.
- A good grounding or established experience in the use of Motion Builder and the Motion Capture process.
- Demonstrable 3D real-time animation skills, showing a strong understanding of technical limitations and capabilities.
- An aptitude to apply themselves to new technologies and experience of working in a team environment is essential
- Minimum of one published product within the Console, PC, VR or Mobile space
- Ability to effectively critique their own and others work, respectfully.
- Works with the Art Director when interpreting a range of styles or reference when defining a games aesthetic.
- Working together, you’ll review and critique progress of animation and how it contributes to the entire perception of the experience.
- Together, you’ll help to path find and present various real-time styles across multiple platforms, whilst constantly pushing the quality of nDreams’ animation aspirations forward.
- Build a trusting working relationship where the reliable delivery of consistently strong and accurate animation is paramount.
- Works with and reports to the Game Director in all matters concerning specific Animation sprint goals or that specific products design and creation process.
- Works within a team-orientated environment to maintain the highest quality artwork, evangelise their specialism, illustrate the effectiveness of animation where ever possible, whilst applying their practical knowledge to the development process of an entire product.
- £TBC per annum dependent on experience.
- Full time, permanent contract
- Designated free parking
- Location - Farnborough, Hampshire, UK.
- Pension scheme.
- Share Option scheme.
- Childcare Vouchers.
- 20 days holiday per year, increasing by 1 day for each year of service up to 25 days (+ bank holidays, duvet days & your birthday).
- Regular staff outings and social events