Are you a talented and experienced animator, looking for a true creative challenge? Our Art Director Glenn is on the search for a Senior Animator to become an integral part of our team and drive animation excellence on our upcoming VR titles. If you are passionate about quality animation and love the idea of pushing the VR medium to new levels, then we’d love to hear from you.
What Will You Be Doing?
- Create amazing, high quality animations wielding both strong character animation skills and wider cinematic sensibilities.
- Craft and freely explore your own animation techniques and styles through interpreting the initial art direction, presenting back to the team for input.
- Collaborate with the wider studio to ensure that animation helps deliver high quality end products.
- Help mentor junior members of the team to impart best practices and inspire a strive for creativity and quality.
Who Are We Looking For?
- An experienced animator, with either 3+ years’ real time games animation experience plus a relevant degree or equivalent qualification, or the equivalent in years of experience.
- Someone with a strong fundamental understanding of animation, timing and weighting, across a varied selection of animation styles, from realistic to stylised.
- A developer with established experience in the use of Motion Builder and Motion Capture process would be desirable, plus relevant development software/engines is essential – e.g. Maya, UE4, Unity etc.
- A true team player with strong communication and collaboration skills - able to give and receive constructive feedback on their own or peers work in a respectful way.
Who Are We?
We’re nDreams, one of the world’s leading independent VR developers. You may know us from our recent titles Shooty Fruity and The Assembly, or even as a leading developer back on PlayStation Home and we can’t wait to show everyone what we’re up to next. Our new VR projects are a leap forward for the studio and we are looking for talented people to help turn them into a reality.
Why Join nDreams?
- The team at nDreams encourages an open, creative and diverse workplace. As part of a growing studio you’ll be empowered to explore ideas and make your mark on the projects you work on.
- We offer some great perks, including flexible core hours, 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays, two duvet days and your birthday off!), childcare vouchers, share options and socials such as Bacon Sandwich Mondays and Beer Fridays!
- Our upcoming titles are bigger, better and different to anything we’ve worked on previously. Once you’ve seen what we’re up to, we’re convinced you’ll want to be involved…
The role is a permanent position based in our modern studio in Farnborough, UK, within easy commuting distance from London and Guildford. Salary is competitive and dependent on your experience.
If you think this could be the role for you, we’d love you to get in touch! Drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply through the link.