Purpose of the role:
Frontier is looking for a Data Engineer to join our team in Cambridge. This is an exciting opportunity to work with and learn from our Senior Data Engineer on the cutting edge of data analytics, as we look to further develop the application of data engineering expertise within our growing studio. The successful candidate will have a deep understanding and passion for data, relationships and correlations and a curiosity about what insights can be gained from data mining. You will have access to an entire galaxy's worth of data, and the opportunity to process and analyse this to help improve the gaming experience for all our players.
- Managing data streams, and combining data from multiple sources/technologies
- Working with teams across the company to identify and prioritise data requests and requirements
- Analysing data to identify correlations, trends, groups and outliers.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Preferably degree qualified in a relevant discipline e.g. Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with large datasets, SQL and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of scripting languages
- Linux experience, basic systems administration and preferably knowledge of containerised services
- Experience with MapReduce, Apache Spark or similar would be extremely beneficial, as would any experience of R and Jupyter Notebook
- Experience of or an interest in aspects of Data Science to extract value from data, especially AI or predictive analytics, would be highly valued.
- Passionate about data and curious about the insights that can be gained from it
- An interest in and understanding of video games would be advantageous but is not essential
- Pro-active in promoting the benefits of a data culture with a range of internal stakeholders
- Ability to explain complex data concepts to less technical people with clarity and influence
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse range of internal stakeholders such as Marketing, Developers, QA and Customer Support.