Senior / Lead Producer
Obsidian Entertainment is looking for a dynamic Senior/Lead Producer with a passion for all facets of game development to join the team making our next world-class RPG.
If you've got stellar production skills, live to liaise and are excited about empowering teams to deliver, then let's talk!
- Define the meaningful milestones of the team and organize the individual strike teams that will be used to accomplish the goals of each milestone
- Ensure that the project is running smoothly and that internal teams and external partners understand their directives
- Manage the prioritization of tasks, bugs, design iteration, and tester feedback
- Anticipate and identify potential problems like resource bottlenecks, quality concerns, unanticipated scope changes and feature creep as well as communicate effectively to ensure these problems are resolved quickly
- Four or more years of production or development experience, including at least one shipped AAA title
- Proven experience in scheduling and managing at least a 20 person development team, including other producers, from concept to post-launch support
- Ability to provide editorial guidance on all aspects of the game: art, design, playability, technology, audio, marketing, public relations, etc.
- Excellent organizational skills and a drive to keep team members working enthusiastically, efficiently, and effectively to meet project goals
- Ability to write professional documentation and presentations for all aspects of product development, marketing, and release
- Experience working with internal and/or external quality assurance groups to ensure adequate testing for gameplay tuning, functional performance, and hardware compatibility
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to address large groups of people and interact regularly with the press, publishing partners, and other industry professionals
- Experience with JIRA and Confluence
- A well-rounded understanding of team dynamics and a dedication to overall team health
- Agile or other project management certification
- A role-playing game zealot
Please put the job you are applying to in the subject line.
Please, no phone calls or drop-ins. We only accept e-mailed applications.