Concept Artist Intern
Art Austin, Texas
Would you like to work on some of the greatest franchises in gaming history? Certain Affinity is the largest independent game developer in Austin, TX. We are the go-to development partner on top tier games like Halo, Call of Duty, DOOM and more. In addition, we are now working our own original IPs. How do you know not want to be a part of that?
Certain Affinity is seeking a Concept Artist Intern for Summer Session. In this role, you'll be working on creating game worlds, characters, weapons, and gear, and much more. This is an amazing opportunity to get hands-on working experience on AAA first- and third-person shooters under the guidance of one of the best developers in the business.
- Recent graduate / currently enrolled in a college or university
- Strong understanding of anatomy, form, function, and 3d perspective.
- Good proficiency with Z-Brush, Autodesk Maya, 3ds Max, and/or other 3D software packages
- A good understanding of character design, perspective, lighting, and color theory.
- Be a solid communicator and an experienced self-starter, eager to learn and eager to contribute to games at various stages of development
- Candidate must be able to work on-site a minimum of 30 hours per week.
- Experience in FPS and/or 3rd person action-adventure game development
This is a non-exempt position that will be paid by a 3rd party vendor.
This role is based in the Austin, TX.
Student or recent graduate will be responsible for housing costs
Applications must include a cover letter to be considered.