Associate Technical Artist
Art Austin, Texas
Certain Affinity is an exclusive Austin studio comprised of a tightly-knit group of experienced industry veterans committed to a solid work/life balance. We’ve co-developed multiple products for the Call of Duty, DOOM, and Halo franchises, and we are currently working on a few of our own games as well.
As an Associate Technical Artist at Certain Affinity, you’ll get the chance to see some of the custom 3D tools and pipelines behind the world’s biggest shooters and contribute to our own proprietary technology. This role reports to the Technical Art Director and requires an energetic individual to take a hands-on approach to our pipeline management and tools creation for our studio art team. Please note that this position is not for character rigging, and is very focused on non–character pipelines.
If you’ve done some compelling tools and technical work, able to wear multiple hats, and are open new challenges, we’d like to hear from you.
- Work with the Technical Art Team on Tools/Pipeline documentation
- Work with the art group to create innovative and balanced solutions for artistic and technical problems
- Support a diverse team of artists with clear direction and confidence
- Identify pipeline issues quickly and work with other Technical Artists to develop a solution
- Work well under deadlines while wearing multiple hats
- Positive Individual with a passion for developing solutions for game development challenges
- Shipped 1 title on current gen consoles or PC Platforms
- Production familiarity with an industry standard content creation application (Autodesk Maya/3D-Studio Max/Fusion 360)
- Experience working in at least one real time 3D game engine
- Experience working on multiple tech art projects, in terms of art tools, process and content requirements
- Able to present (internally and externally) clear vision of how work addresses problems and requirements
- Excellent communication, documentation and organizational skills
- Broad interest in real-time rendering technologies and art asset creation tools
- Knowledge of a scripting language (Python, Mel)
- Knowledge of procedural art pipelines. (Substance Designer/Substance Painter/Houdini)
- Knowledge of real-time rendering, run-time analytics, optimization, shaders and materials
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Graphic Art or related field