Project Manager, Global Events
Reporting to the Global Events Manager, based in our central Barcelona office, we are looking for an Events Project Manager to deliver our global and local events, supporting all King offices across our locations, and provide memorable and cost-effective solutions, while paying attention to budget and time constraints. The role will primarily focus on high-level events and ad-hoc special projects, while continuing supporting the team with other functional events and initiative, as the demand requires.
Your role within our Kingdom
The Global Events Project Manager is an enthusiastic hands-on professional, who understands negotiation and promotion techniques, with fresh ideas and with strong organizational skills, required to not leave anything about an event to chance.
* Responsible for managing from start to end our King's events at all levels, involving internal and external audiences, as well as senior management teams. This includes events with high budgets, tight deadlines, events dependent on multiple senior stakeholders and articulated content, events for large audiences and detailed travel schedules, marketing and promotional events, office celebrations, D&I initiatives as well as ad-hoc requests submitted by partnering functions (Talent, HR, Employer Brand, Marketing, WPM...).
* Develop full scale project plans and define project tasks, timelines and resource requirements as needed, manage day-to-day project logistics, liaise with stakeholders to ensure tasks are on track, provide direction and support to enhance cross-functional work, create event planning efficiencies and act proactively to mitigate any risk and reduce setbacks.
* Track project deliverables using designed team admin tools, analyze data and constantly monitor and report progress to the line manager. Provide reports to client on a consistent basis indicating changes or updates.
Branding, Promotion & Creativity
* Ensure Global Events branding (event materials, signage, and displays) at all events meet King's requirements and branding goals. Ensure every detail is cared and crafted. Provide creative ideas and advice in terms of event décor and set up.
* Support team's visibility and achievements, by actively posting and promoting on our shared social platforms (share events updates, new venues, engaging content...). Support our clients' expansion, generating promotional opportunities.
Risk & Finance Control
* Be fully accountable for managing risk at events and adhering to our legal and EHS processes.
* Maintain accurate budgets for events that will generate ROI and accurately manage metrics reporting details. Reconcile project invoices and event final cost reporting.
* Review and negotiate contracts with our preferred suppliers and third parties to receive the best possible rates for King, and meet our savings and cost avoidance targets. Identify new preferred partners and cost efficient opportunities.
* Actively manage our internal database and ensure vendors details and factsheets are filled and tracked within established timelines.
* Manage ad-hoc projects as assigned by the line manager, providing results at high standards and within deadlines.
* Proactively generate ideas and provide suggestions to the line manager on event strategies, to expand client perceptions, help drive results and capture cost savings.
* As senior member of the team, inspire excellence, be the standard and guide the rest of the team to ensure adherence to internal procedures and a streamlined service. Create and promote a collaborative environment. You are expected to be an exemplar of our King values.
Skills to create thrills
* Proven experience as event project manager.
* Problem solver, able to troubleshoot problems and work with little or none supervision.
* Good knowledge of the PM principles and main tools.
* Excellent skills in Excel, Microsoft Office package, Social Media and Google Drive.
* Good skills in Photoshop/Illustrator to edit and manage internal signage and branding.
* Strong negotiation skills.
* Good knowledge of global/local vendors and suppliers.
* Familiar with travel requirements and travel registration tools.
* Good knowledge of content strategy for events
* Must have the ability to assist physically in event set up and breakdown.
* Flexibility is a must. Being adaptable to meet the changing needs of the business and available to work extra hours if necessary. Travel is required.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.