Principal Engineer, Ads
Activision Blizzard Media is a young and rapidly growing business that has been created to connect advertisers with our 195M+ global consumer base. This thriving start-up effort, which is currently embedded in the business unit of King (the makers of the #1 mobile game Candy Crush Saga) is rapidly scaling and is poised to become one of the largest advertising businesses in the world.
The business has been focusing on the introduction of premium, innovative advertising experiences to King's 195+M casual gaming players. Looking ahead, we're planning the launch of advertising across the rest of the Activision Blizzard portfolio including high growth areas like eSports. This is a really exciting time to join this growing business.
We are seeking a Principal Engineer in our Ads Engineering team, empowering cutting edge mobile advertising technologies to create the next generation of our Ads Platform.
Your role within our Kingdom
* Help build a world class team and cultivate innovation.
* Lead designs of major software components, systems, and features.
* Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
* Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
* Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards.
Skills to create thrills
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
* 10+ years of relevant work experience, or over 7+ years of relevant work experience with a MS in Computer Science or related technical field.
* Experience architecting and developing large scale design.
* Able to handle multiple projects/priorities at any given time. advertising.
* Prior experience working with teams that are geographically distributed.
* Prior experience in Hadoop, Druid, or Storm applications.
* Prior experience with messaging systems like Kafka, RabitMQ, Kinesis.
* Prior experience with AWS or Google Cloud
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.