Joining one of the most accomplished audio departments in the UK, the Sound Designers primary purpose is to create, implement and mix sound effects and other audio for multi award-winning Total War titles developed at the studio.
We take the craft of designing and mixing sounds seriously, so as a creative and technical individual, if being part of an award-winning team and working on AAA productions is important to you then this is the opportunity for you.
All Audio applicants are required to submit a show reel in support of their application, demonstrating creative sound design.
Applications cannot be considered without an accompanying show reel.
As a sound designer, you'll be responsible creating sound effects using techniques, such as location/studio recording, Foley recording in addition to utilising pre-recorded in-house and commercial material. Research and plan out the delivery of required audio assets, work closely with Audio Programmers to develop & improve audio systems and tools.
This is a game sound designer role, that doesn't involve any music production, or music related sound design.
A core element of your role will be to create, implement and mix audio content into the game, using Audiokinetic Wwise, other 3rd party software and our in-house tools, ensuring that the resulting sounds are up to AAA standards in quality, creativity and optimisation. You will also create and mix audio content for in-game movies, trailers, demos and conferences to commercial standards when required. You will need to respond to direction from the Audio Director on audio aesthetics and sound design feedback and work and collaborate with external audio vendors as needs arise. As a member of the team, you will set high standards in your work and help mentor junior members of the team.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- In-house games development experience as a 'sound designer' or similar
- Proven track record of high quality sound design, showing creative flair
- Experienced at integrating audio in to and mixing game projects
- Ability to track lay and mix audio to linear footage to commercial standards.
- Must have completed work on at least 1 shipped full price retail console or PC games, completing full in-house product cycles
- Experience with Wwise audio engine
- Pro Tools 9 or above experience to advanced level
- Must be a pro-active, problem solver who is highly organized and solution focused - seeks challenges and delivers results
- Ability to learn new in-house audio tools and software for integrating content
- Ability to work as a team player and under own initiative
- Ability to plan, organise and oversee location SFX recording sessions
- HND in Sound Engineering (or above) or relevant in-house game audio experience
- A keen interest in and a passion for sound and music in games and other forms of a/v entertainment
- Knowledge and familiarity of Total War brand a bonus
- Professional location and studio based sound effects recording experience
- AAA video game experience
- A full clean driving licence to be able to attend remote Foley sessions
We are Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years - from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team - creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.