Department Strategy & Business Development
Contract Full-timeLocation UK-Cambridge
Home to the iconic massive multiplayer online role-playing game RuneScape and its extended family of adventurous titles, we’re a leading games studio that places our players at the heart of everything we do.
We’ve welcomed over 250 million players to RuneScape’s world of enthralling fantasy and, together with our team of passionate game creators, our community helps to shape how our games evolve.
From casting votes on future game content, to interacting with the studio teams in live streams and in chat, we also join together in person at our celebrated fan convention, RuneFest.
Together with our players, we’re united as one Jagex tribe. Together we’re building deep and engaging multiplayer gaming experiences for players everywhere.
HOW YOU CAN CONTRIBUTE
As a Strategy Associate, you will be working within the Strategy team, reporting into our Strategy Manager. Your role will aid the direction of our studio as we establish ourselves firmly as the Home of Living Games.
This is an excellent opportunity for those wishing to join a successful and vibrant games company.
Your responsibilities include:
- Developing a deep understanding of Jagex’s existing products and those in development, providing strategic insight and propose value-adding initiatives
- Conducting market analysis, and working closely with product leads in Jagex to inform development and production decisions
- Engaging in business development and building outreach in the games industry; assessing the potential of incoming video game developer titles for publishing
- Building financial models and forecasts for existing and new projects to guide decision making
- Developing situational analyses with internal stakeholders to highlight the effects of development/timeline changes
- Constructing business cases and presenting them to senior leadership and board of directors
- Conducting industry analysis and compiling findings to develop key market insights on areas such as market growth rates and opportunities
- Building competitor benchmarks
- Conducting ad-hoc analysis on various additional initiatives internally and externally
- Contributing to investor relations activities
WHAT WE NEED
- Passion for the gaming industry, showing familiarity with the games industry (events, publishers, developers, titles, business models)
- Strong business acumen and an understanding of financial modelling/forecasting
- MSc or BSc in a quantitative field
- The ability to demonstrate a structured approach to problem solving
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience communicating with and persuading others
- Strong competency in Excel/PowerPoint (other data analytics competencies a bonus)
- A willingness to think critically, show initiative, push back where necessary and have a genuine desire to drive the growth of Jagex
WHAT WE OFFER
If you join us you can expect a competitive salary and great benefits such as a fully paid for gym membership, bonus entitlement, private health care, flexible working, cycle repair and fresh fruit delivered to your team every day. We also have GREAT coffee machines, an onsite canteen and pub and an in-studio cinema! Expect regular team events as well as EPIC company-wide parties to celebrate our successes.
Does this sound like you? We'd love to hear from you! Get in touch.
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.