Based in Berlin, Europe's creative tech capital, our employees from 40 nations work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
Working in independent teams, Wooga's signature approach to making great games for mobile has made us one of the world's most popular developers.
We work hard to constantly improve and optimize our games to create even more amazing experiences to our players. To achieve that we use a combination of creativity and data.
As a Data Engineer, you will be an essential part of our Data team. You will be working closely with various teams including data science, engineering, and game teams, to ensure that we collect and action the data in the best possible way. Some of your responsibilities include:
- You will be developing and improving our tracking infrastructure
- You will be building Big Data solutions
- You will be supporting our game teams to track the data that they need to evaluate new features and improve our games
- You will be working on the improvement of our in-house A/B-test solution
- You will be supporting our team of data scientists, by providing them an infrastructure helping them be as productive as possible
- You will ensure data consistency and quality. You understand how our data pipeline work. You will ensure and help the game teams to stay consistent with it.
- You will operate our data infrastructure, making sure it's performant, reliable and runs smoothly.
- Ideally, you have more than 3 years of experience in the Data Engineering field
- You enjoy building stable and scalable data pipelines, processing a mass amount of data every day
- You know that KAFKA is not just an author ;)
- You are familiar with cloud services like AWS and know the benefits of systems like Kubernetes or platforms like Airflow
- You love data. You enjoy digging into stuff, and working on a challenge until it is solved.
- You have a good understanding of basic analytics and machine learning concepts
- You have heard of, and ideally, have used one or more of the programming languages we use: Python, Scala, Java, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Lua, or SQL
- Help to build the next-generation data pipeline, in a market that is spearheading the development in this area!
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world's best games!
- Excite millions of players around the world every day through our games!
- We will connect you directly with the success of the company with the virtual options program
- Work just minutes from the center of Europe's most vibrant city, Socialize in our hang-out spaces, and enjoy many fun events and parties! Enjoy our unique office space!
- A relocation support which matches your needs to make your and your loved ones' move to Berlin smooth! Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meetups, talks, brown bag lunches, world cafe's, internal trainings, workshops and many others!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other!
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
- As much coffee, drinks, cereals and fruits as you can handle!
- Cool Wooga swag! ;)
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences.