Java Developer - Tools Team
Interested in scalability? With over 200 million monthly active users from our popular games franchises including Candy Crush, Farm Heroes and Bubble Witch, being able to handle ridiculously-high volumes of data and traffic is the name of the game. Working within our Shared Technology Department, you'll get to work on business-critical systems that support these users. Whether it's core data engineering, user acquisition technology, vital tools that are needed by our games teams, or reporting and visualisation suites, there's an exciting opportunity for you here to get stuck into within Shared Technology - and one you can get stuck into right away!
With games being the life-blood of our business, we're searching for a passionate, talented Java Developer to join our dedicated Games Tools Team. The Tools suite enables our smash-hit games to perform vital, common functions so that they can continue to be a success.
Your role within our Kingdom
A Java Developer can expect to:
* Develop features: design/architect, implement and maintain business/tools features
* Consider non-functional requirements: ensure the high performance, reliability, scalability and security of our systems
* Deliver code - and supporting documentation - of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and system testing on a timely basis
* Share knowledge and help colleagues both inside and outside of your team
* Advocate and follow best practices.
Skills to create thrills
You have a strong passion for building backend technologies in a Java-based environment. You're an excellent communicator, happy to work with people from several different business units. You can translate business needs into technical requirements and implementation. You're excited about doing what's best for the team, and adaptable enough to work on different things as projects evolve. You're keen to work in a fun and friendly environment.
Other skills include:
* Strong experience with Java, databases and caching (at least Java 8)
* Commercial experience of Gradle and Docker/container environment
* Testing frameworks and integration tests
* Care for code quality, and robust, easily-maintainable architectural solutions
And the basics:
* UNIX environments, bash and git
* Knowledgeable about web protocols, application servers and web servers
* Comfortable with TDD and pair programming/pair designing
* Ideally, full software-lifecycle development experience, from inception to releasing updates to systems in production
* Modern web client development frameworks, eg: React, AngularJS
* DevOps experience
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.