Business Performance Analyst - Ads
King (a part of Activision-Blizzard) is increasing its team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our huge audience of highly-engaged players, and to create powerful marketing solutions embraced by the world's biggest marketers. King is seeking a talented and creative Data Scientist interested in driving business decisions by understanding advertising performance within the gaming industry.
Your role within our Kingdom
* Providing accurate data, insights and analysis for decision makers and stakeholders including Ads leadership, sales, game producers and engineering
* Building recommendations by synthesizing data from multiple sources, developing assumptions where needed, to drive business insights and improvements in our predictive capabilities
* Designing, implementing, and analysing multivariate tests using relevant statistical methods
* Build, validate, and publish analytics reports and dashboards for the business, visualising results in a clear and concise way to senior management for decision making
* Drive consistency in approach to key metrics across game teams
* Working alongside other highly skilled Data Scientists and Business Analysts, you'll be strategic in outlook and highly analytical in delivery with responsibility for using data to ensure we make the right business decisions
Skills to create thrills
* Capacity to deeply understand the problems the business wants to solve and define the right data-driven approach. Must be able to validate hypotheses through A/B testing.
* Able to tell stories with the data, communicate effectively and instill confidence in recommendations to motivate stakeholders to take action
* Working with the product team to identify opportunities to optimize the ad experience and its effect on players
* Identify and disseminate best practices across Games Business Performance groups in terms of ads-related tools, systems and processes
* Develop new and better analytics approaches to solve questions in a creative way
* Ad-hoc analysis - assist and resolve requests from the business (i.e. analyzing A/B tests, player behavior, ad system anomalies)
* Ability to analyze huge volumes of data from our advertising activities, by writing complex SQL queries and using tools such as Hive or BigQuery
* Ability to learn quickly and work in a fast paced, rapidly changing and collaborative environment, while communicating effectively with teams and individuals across King.
* Able to develop good ways of communicating, visualising or reporting your results/analysis so they are clear and unambiguous. This will include building reports and presenting the results of your analysis using tools such as Looker or similar BI tools
* Proficiency in Excel (including VBA, Pivot Tables, array functions, Power Pivots, etc.)
* BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics or other related field
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.