About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
As a senior member of Splash Damage's AI programming team, you will be responsible for enhancing the AI behaviors for both single-player and multi-player games. This work is done in the context of creating a thoroughly awesome gameplay experience, and as such, you should be comfortable interacting with the larger range of gameplay and core tech code.
While you will be working closely with design, we also expect you to own your work and constantly look for ways to make the AI more compelling. This is not a role for someone whose passion is primarily the academic pursuit of AI, but rather for someone whose foremost drive is to create a memorable game experience.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Work with the Design Team to define AI requirements
- Architect AI solutions for complex systems
- Implement AI logic and behavior features and refine as needed
- Modify gameplay and core tech code to support AI interactions
- Enhance AI tools to allow additional Design and QA usability
- Debug AI and related issues
- Profile and optimize AI systems
- Demonstrated AI and Gameplay experience in past projects
- A love of playing and building games
- Strong interest in researching and implementing new AI related technologies
- Python proficiency
- Experienced and proficient in C++
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Strong math background
Bonus Skills and Experience
- Comfortable coding in a client-server architecture
- Previous experience with UE4
- Experience with console development
- Military simulation work