Senior Animation Developer - Call of Duty
Stockholm, Sweden - Full relocation and VISA sponsorship
We are looking for an experienced Senior Animation Developer to join our new Shooter project in Stockholm.
In collaboration with Activision Blizzard, we are adapting one of the most iconic game franchises of all-time: Call of Duty. The aim is to create a Call of Duty experience on mobile, while also breaking new ground for mobile and redefining the genre. The approach and ambition is to be fresh, social, and highly accessible, while providing a very authentic game experience. You will prototype extensively, have the freedom to think outside the box, and be encouraged to stretch your expertise in ways to create surprising results.
Your role within our Kingdom
If you are an experienced Developer who likes to work in an environment where things move quickly and performance is of great importance, then King is the place for you! As a Developer at King you will take a lead on creating and maintaining our mobile games.
You will be working on the animation side of character mechanics, such as locomotion, hierarchical state machines, data parameter driven animation systems, gun play and interaction animations. This involves working closely with our tech animators, animators and AI team to implement core systems to realize the vision of the game directors. This will be an iterative process with continual reviews where we tune and polish features to produce the best combination of immersion and responsiveness. You will be expected to drive feature development forward. You'll be in a position to contribute significantly to game feature design.
Skills to create thrills
* Excellent C++/C# knowledge
* Strong math skills, knowledge of vectors, matrices and linear algebra
* Professional experience from game development
* Passion for game development
* High sense of quality and polish
* Strong understanding of root motion based animation system and locomotion in a game.
* Experience with designing motion graph working closely with animators
* Experience working with animation in a networked client server environment
* Capable of taking a technical responsibility for a product or project
* Working with content pipelines
* Experience with AI and gameplay.
* Knowledge of IK and procedural animation.
* Experience with using GitHub on large scale projects.
* Experience with Unity
* Experience in working with memory/performance critical applications
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.