Technical Director Game Engine
Your role within our Kingdom
King is looking for a Technical Director to help lead our game engine team, who delivers the engine and tools our game teams use to build 2D and 3D games ranging from casual to midcore. We own our entire technology stack - this ensures we can squeeze out every bit of performance on the millions of devices, power envelopes & memory profiles we need support - so you need to be passionate about everything from transistors to end-user tools.
You will be part of a highly experienced and successful team, so you need to be a technical expert and a great team player. You will work to continuously improve the quality and efficiency of our development pipeline and process.
Skills to create thrills
* A successful track record of developing engine / middleware technology used for games.
* A successful track record of developing games from inception to release.
* Articulate & drive key technical decisions, inside your team and with external stakeholders.
* Technical point of contact; represent the engine on technical matters
* Help promote and drive corporate-wide tech initiatives with the engine development teams
* Understand and surface technical concerns from the game teams
You would be required to have architectural level and technical stakeholdership on all of the following pieces of key King technology:
* Our inhouse engine, built on C++ with a GLES2 renderer
* Our inhouse QT driven scene and data editor
* Our cross platform stack across IOS, Android and Emscripten
* Our Jenkins/Cmake/Git build system
Core People Skills
* Responsible for leading and coaching the development team to ensure their outputs consistently meet standards set
* Partner with product owner to design technical solutions to improve users (developers, artists, game designers) workflow and productivity while getting the engine to use the best out of the target platforms.
* Champion modern development practices: Code reviews, pair programming, clean code, test automation, refactoring and sustainable management of technical debt.
* Be responsible for defining, agreeing and implementing the technical roadmap for the game engine.
* Responsible for technical leadership for the game engine and tools, making sure the engine adopts the best-fit technology aligned with Kings overall technical strategy.
* Consider the long term and represent the engine tech needs with the shared tech groups.
* Work with the King technology stack in mind, collaborate with the other TDs on the greater good
* Bring industry knowledge of best practice to the teams to aid productivity and quality - in everything from tools to architecture
We're knights of creativity
We believe that great games are developed by working in small, autonomous creative teams that control the whole process - from idea to amazing game. Our close connection with and instant feedback from the player community, enables us to deliver truly magical moments. We value your free time and your need to refuel, relax and find inspiration - by playing games with your colleagues, being at home with your family or going to the gym or out for a run. That's how we stay creative. That's why we call ourselves developers of magic and knights of creativity.
Header A Great Saga Needs All Sorts of Heros
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people that share the same idea of what makes a good workplace great. No matter where you're from, it's all about what we can achieve together when creating truly magical moments for all our players. That's why we hire all sorts of talent - because a great saga needs all sorts of heroes.
Want to join our Kingdom?
Application needs to be in English.