Based in Berlin, Europe's creative tech capital, our employees from 40 nations work to gether to create high quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience. Working in independent teams, Wooga's signature approach to making great games for mobile has made us one of the world's most popular developers.
About the job
As a Senior Game Engineer, you will be an essential member of one of our cross-platform game teams on mobile. You will be working on developing high-quality casual mobile games that reach millions of players. Moreover, you will work across all areas of game development including UI, AI, Gameplay, etc. Our ideal candidate is a team player who looks forward to working together with other engineers, product, and art team members to raise the bar.
In addition, you will:
- Lead teams in building high-quality games for mobile platforms
- Code in all areas of game development to make a complete product
- Work in a team of up to 20 including Engineers, Designers, and Artists with a chance to make a real impact on the game's roadmap
- Participate in design and code reviews
- One of our values is Sharing Knowledge. As part of our team, you will bring your knowledge and experience to the company, sharing methods and best practices. Additionally, you will mentor junior team members.
Who we are looking for
- You are a Unity developer with a proven track record in mobile games development
- You have around 5 years of total engineering experience, including at least 2 years of experience with Unity and C# development and one year in a leadership position of a development team
- You possess a strong knowledge of Gameplay Programming in Unity
- Experience mentoring other team members and the desire to not only continue doing so but teach others in your team to be great mentors as well
- When developing, you keep in mind both the player's mindset and business impact
- You are a collaborator and are able to work well in a cross-functional team
- You have a solid knowledge of communication with backend services
As English is our office language, no German skills are required. But we'll help you learn if you want to!
Why you should join us
- Being able to bring in own ideas in projects
- Realize projects which will be played by millions of players every day
- Fast-paced and international environment (we have over 35 nationalities here at Wooga!)
- Located in Berlin - Europe's most exciting city with low cost of living and high quality of life
- Don't live in Berlin? We offer a comprehensive relocation package for you and your family!
- An incredible range of benefits, including free in-house German lessons, an annual Educational Budget, regular professional development training opportunities, and much more
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. It is optional to include your photo, date of birth, and place of birth in your application.