Mid/Senior Technical Artist
We are looking for a talented Technical Artist to join our studio based in Stockholm.
Your role within our Kingdom
You'll be part of a small core team of Technical Artists, helping support all of the games across King. As a technical artist, you will be a key member in the game studio, helping solve problems, optimize workflows and push boundaries.
You will also be part of the wider Technical Art Community at King, a unique environment where we share and support each other to achieve our full potential.
Skills to create thrills
* Excellent knowledge of one major 3D software packages (Maya preferred)
* Excellent knowledge of 2D creation software (Photoshop)
* Good knowledge of game engine workflows and an understanding of real-time rendering
* Strong scripting ability (e.g. Python)
* Proven track record of both artistic and technical creativity with a passion for solving problems
* Understanding of how to optimize games content for memory and performance
* Passion and drive to push visual quality or streamline workflows
* Experience in creating various game content (animations/modelling/etc)
* A proactive communicator, willing to give and receive constructive feedback
An online portfolio demonstrating all aspects of your skills would be appreciated.
* Experience with Unity3D
* Understanding of GLSL or similar shading language
* Experience of extending 2D software (Photoshop) via scripting
* Previous experience from creating midcore and/or mobile games
* Experience of creating AAA console or mobile titles
* Experienced in working in an Agile / Scrum environment
* Good Knowledge of typical development languages (C++)
* Good knowledge of mathematics and physics (vector calculus, linear algebra)
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in Stockholm
The location of our first studio and the birthplace of Candy Crush Saga, Stockholm - with all its urban delights and open spaces - holds a special place in our hearts. Built over 14 islands, it's one of the world's most unique and beautiful capital cities. With King based right in the centre, it'll yours to enjoy and explore.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.