C++ Developer - Shared Studio
King operates mobile games at a massive scale. With titles like Candy Crush, Bubble Witch and Farm Heroes our code runs on hundreds of millions of devices across the world.
Behind the scenes shared libraries power all the games. The Shared Technology develops and maintains the underlying tech that makes this possible. Our responsibilities stretch from the datacenter and the backend tech power all our servers to the libraries and APIs making the features available to the game developers. As a member of this team, you will work with highly skilled people on these fundamental building blocks that the game teams use to power the biggest games in the world.
Your role within our Kingdom
As a C++ Developer in the Shared Studio you will work inside the game team to deliver a great player experience ensuring the client architecture is of high quality and the game play is polished, enterprising and above all fun. You will also be in contact with the latest and greatest technology developments at King, polishing and testing them out before they get into the big titles.
You will among other things:
* Work in an agile environment, where your opinions matter
* Work with skilled colleagues that are committed to delivering the best products possible
* Work closely with the upstream technology teams, giving them feedback to improve the experience of future users
* Design, architect and implement features required to have healthy games
* Deliver code and supporting documentation of the highest quality through good design, attention to detail and system testing on a timely basis
* Share knowledge and help colleagues both inside and outside of your team
* Ensure high performance, reliability, scalability and security of our systems
Skills to create thrills
In our opinion, programming experience and dedication for gaming as well as the willingness to share great ideas are equally valued. Are you passionate? Are you a creative team player?
We're looking for someone who:
* Is fluent in modern C++ (C++11 and later)
* Writes high-quality, maintainable code, cares about it and is willing to further improve their practices
* Has game development experience
* Has experience with cross-platform development, especially iOS and Android
* Can get up to speed on new codebases quickly
* Is a team player, has good communication skills and can easily work with new people
* Gets things done
* Objective C
* Experience in working with memory / performance critical applications
* Experience in working with game engines
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.