Business Performance Director - Publishing
Salary: Market rate
Application date: 6 June - 4 July
We are looking for a Business Performance Director to lead game optimization efforts across King's Mobile Publishing Business.
Location: London. Remit: Global.
Your role within our Kingdom
As a Business Performance Director, you will be an integral part of the leadership team of King's Mobile Publishing business. Hiring, leading and managing a team of highly skilled Data Scientists and Business Performance Managers, you will be responsible for maximizing the revenue of all King's publishing games. You're reporting to the VP of Corporate Development & Publishing with a dotted line to the Business Performance Unit.
* Proven ability to influence (i) key internal stakeholders at King as well as (ii) external studio partner
* Daily management of Business Performance Managers and Data Scientists, directing the team in its mission to identify core performance drivers and foster innovation
* Interpret data and translate into opportunities for revenue optimization for the entire publishing portfolio
* Prioritize backlogs for all publishing titles together with the VP of Corporate Development & Publishing and the Director of Publishing to ensure the optimal performance features are implemented to maximize revenue
* Be an expert on industry trends and the competitor landscape to evolve our thinking, with a focus on midcore, social casino and non-puzzle casual genres
* Contribute to the global Business Performance strategy, with a focus on non-puzzle casual genres
* Actively contribute and be close to the games industry, innovation and best practice
Skills to create thrills
You have the vision and ability to see the bigger picture and translate it into innovative initiatives. As a manager you know how to lead and inspire a highly skilled team. And, of course, you have a strong systematic and numeric capability. Other skills include:
* Proven business acumen with strategic and analytical capabilities, using data to drive strategy and business decisions
* Ability to lead complex operational and strategic change initiatives
* Prior experience in an environment with very short strategy implementations cycles such as e-commerce, online products/services or games is mandatory
* Ability to manage, lead and inspire a highly skilled team
* Strong (i) systematic and numeric capability coupled with (ii) Strategy Consulting/Investment Banking grade written presentation skills
* Vision and ability to see the bigger picture and translate it into innovative initiatives
* Passion for games and a strong understanding of the industry with key interest in networking
The role involves significant travel at our external development partners, perhaps at least once a month.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life.
Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people.
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play.
Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life.
If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com.
All applications should be made in English.