Senior VFX Artist
Division: Arkane Studios - Texas | Department: Art | Location: Austin , TX, US
Arkane Studios is looking for a skilled Senior VFX Artist to join our Austin team! The Senior VFX Artist will use their unique industry experience to help gamers immerse themselves in our games through the creation of realistic and stylized effects that set the standard for the video games industry.
The ideal candidate will need to be self-directed, player focused and team oriented.
- Collaborate with the entire Creative Team to create visual effects that support gameplay systems, story elements and environmental atmosphere
- Create pre-visualization concepts by any means necessary to drive visual direction
- Work closely with the graphic engineering team and become a master of the internal technology and tools pipeline, assisting in its constant improvement and stability.
- 5+ years’ experience in video games as a lead or visual effects artist
- Shipped at least 2 AAA title in a senior/lead role
- Expert understanding of Maya or other 3D package for creating 3D assets
- Experienced with PBR engines like idTech, CryEngine, Unreal, or Unity
- Strong knowledge of Photoshop and After Effects
- Knowledge of fluid dynamics simulation software, such as Houdini and FumeFX, is a plus
- Critical eye for timing and motion in relation to real world physical behaviors
- Understanding of VFX asset costs and impact on console performance
- Ability to work independently and creatively to solve VFX technical challenges
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, driven to create top quality visuals
- Demo reel required
- Very strong problem-solving skills for technically challenging tasks
- Bachelor's degree in Art, Animation, Game Development or Computer Science
How to Apply