Senior Environment Artist
Division: Arkane Studios - Texas | Department: Art | Location: Austin , TX, US
Arkane Studios is looking for a Senior Environment Artist to join our team in creating AAA games for PC and next-generation console systems. The ideal candidate will help in creating detailed, story driven environments while working closely with the Art Director and Leads to create assets for integration into game levels.
- 5+ years’ experience as an Environment Artist or other relevant experience for creating game ready assets
- High level of proficiency in Maya, ZBrush and Substance Designer/Painter
- Demonstrate expertise of texturing using both procedurally generated and hand painted techniques in a PBR workflow
- Strong understanding of modularity and the use of trim sheets for optimal level building
- Able to work from photo reference or concept art, as well as ability to interpret design intention when concept is unavailable
- Flexibility to adapt asset creation to any art style
- Knowledge in traditional art principles and theory of function, form, shape, proportions, and color, etc.
- Candidates must submit an online portfolio, and may require an Art Test
- Knowledge of other industry standard tools, such as World Machine, Speed Tree, Marvelous Designer, etc.
- Strong knowledge of technical game art theory (memory limitations, streaming, collision, texel density, polycount, and optimization, etc.) to create assets that meet performance requirements
- Ability to work autonomously and manage workload independently with limited assistance or direction, as well as strong collaboration with all team members
- Ability to self-critique your own work, iterate, and make decisions on ways to improve overall quality
How to Apply