Senior 3D Specialist
Division: id Software | Department: Art | Location: Richardson , TX, US
Position: Senior 3D Specialist
Company: ZeniMax Media, Inc.
Job site address: 1500 N Greenville Ave., 7th Floor, Richardson, TX 75081
- Minimum 4 years overall game or film industry experience as an Environment Artist, 3D Artist, or 3D Specialist.
- Must have 4 years prior work experience on futuristic hard surface modeling and experience utilizing advanced understanding of modern 3D modeling packages.
- Must have 4 years prior work experience with world building, texturizing, and lighting inside a game editor such as Radiant, Unreal, or comparable editor.
- Must have 4 years prior work experience in environment asset creation using contemporary, real-time rendering methods.
- Must have 3 years prior work experience in organic asset creation.
- Must have 2 years prior work experience with 2D texturing such as Photoshop.
- Must have 1 year prior work experience with 3D modelling such as 3DS Max.
- Must be able to provide at least 2 positive references.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
id Software, part of the ZeniMax Media Inc. family of companies, is seeking a talented Senior 3D Specialist to join our team in making AAA games. The ideal candidate will have some experience with Next-Gen asset creation, high poly/low poly modeling, and PBR texture creation, in addition to world building knowledge. This job is a very versatile position that will use all aspects of your industry knowledge to create props, textures, and environments that stride to set the new industry standard in visuals. This position will work collaboratively with the art director, concept artists, and environment artists to create the game environments and will create models, textures, and set pieces based on concept art and the need of the project.
Candidate must be self-motivated and focused, with good communication and collaboration skills. Must be an excellent team player with very strong work ethic and a collaborative and cooperative attitude. You must have good time management skills and efficient development processes, and the ability to apply those principles towards effectively meeting schedules and deadlines. Traditional art skills needed include sketching, illustrating, painting, etc. Must have a willingness to undertake technical R&D related to game environment creation. Candidate must have a passion for games and gaming, FPS in particular. Familiarity with the id Software family of engines, tools, and material creation as well as console development experience a plus.
TO APPLY: Please submit resume and work samples. Please follow the instructions on this site. No Walk Ins.
How to Apply