Art Outsource Manager
Division: Bethesda Game Studios - Austin | Department: Art | Location: Austin , TX, US
Bethesda Game Studios Austin is looking for a talented Art Outsource Manager. This is an art generalist position requiring hands on direction, management, and engine integration of a range of assets including characters, weapons, and environments.
The ideal candidate would have strong art direction and leadership skills to be able to manage, art direct, and provide detailed feedback to external art vendors. They must also be an experienced and flexible artist - able to build block out models, do paint and sculpt-overs, put final touches on textures and models, and implement final art assets. Finally, they coordinate with production and art leads to build relationships and help identify art needs.
- Manage communications and provide feedback to artists and help maintain a strong creative relationship between external and internal art teams.
- Generate detailed documentation, visual reference, and examples of art asset production, procedures, and engine requirements to support the external vendors.
- Own the quality control over all incoming art assets, providing detailed feedback and approvals to the vendor in order to deliver quality assets to the development team.
- Personally, create high quality models, materials, environments when needed.
- Implement approved assets into the game engine, along with making any needed fixes to keep assets consistent and game ready.
- Schedule and track incoming assets.
- 4 + years’ experience in game art asset creation in a variety of software packages including Zbrush, 3D Studio Max, Photoshop and Substance Painter.
- Understanding of current techniques and processes utilized in creating next gen games.
- Ability to setup, optimize, and effectively process and export assets into a game engine.
- Highly organized with the ability to adhere to asset organization processes and follow work pipelines.
- Clear and concise communications.
- Leadership and people skills.
- Experience and passion for playing Bethesda Game Studios games.
- AAA development experience.
- Knowledge of Physically Base Rendering systems and software such as Substance Designer.
How to Apply