Video Editor/ Videographer
Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Art | Location: Hunt Valley , MD, US
The Video Editor/Videographer will work closely with the Marketing Director, development team and creative agencies to produce creative high definition video for broadcast, mobile and online media.
- Plan, organize, create, process and edit video projects for marketing of MMORPG video game using computer software.
- Will edit video game trailers, with the goal of conveying the emotional content and attitude of a game
- Will create TV commercials, game trailers and other marketing and production materials
- Possess both technical and artistic expertise to push the creative envelope to new heights while adhering to brand guidelines.
- Use digital equipment, in-game capture rigs, and lighting kit to record scenes according to a script and under a marketing/producer team member’s oversight, providing input as needed to ensure a quality product
- Set up and operate video cameras, light kit, sound recording, and other equipment as needed to produce instructional videos
- Use audio recording equipment to capture and edit spoken audio tracks for use with other multi-media and animation productions.
- Select, organize, and assemble scenes into a finished rough cut according to a script; Provide input to producer/director to boost visual, dramatic, and/or instructional value
- Ability to optimize video for websites, mobile devices, YouTube or various other destinations.
- Possess knowledge of capturing digital video from a video game format.
- Create and implement motion graphics using computer software.
- Must be familiar with basic to advanced color correction and proper audio mixing.
- Communicate clearly and in a timely manner with all marketing team members.
- Organize and archive video assets using computer hardware and software.
- Use After Effects and other software/plug-ins to create high-quality backgrounds and special FX for compositing into video productions.
- All candidates are required to submit a demo reel on DVD or an online portfolio demonstrating your ability to make materials of various styles.
- Bachelor’s degree in video/communication field (preferred) or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in digital video editing
- Must have at least three years of experience editing short-form work, especially trailers and commercials.
- Demonstrated experience in capturing footage from video game consoles, PCs, etc.
- Knowledge of video software is required (i.e. Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Motion, After Effects)
- Ability to research and recommend video-related equipment, software, and hardware
- Knowledge of both PC and MAC OS preferred
- Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Flash and other CS5 application experience and knowledge highly desirable.
- Experience grading and color correcting video for final release.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently, hit short deadlines, have strong organizational skills and juggle multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to deal with high levels of stress.
- Ability to work independently
- Understanding of digital file creation and delivery for web-based video. Transcoding and FTP skills a must.
How to Apply