Senior Animation Engineer
Division: ZeniMax Online Studios | Department: Programming | Location: Hunt Valley , MD, US
ZeniMax Online Studios is looking for a Senior Animation Software Engineer. This position will work side-by-side with Technical Artists, Animators, and Gameplay Engineers, and will own the animation pipeline from artist workstation all the way to fluid and responsive in-game characters.
- Expert level knowledge of real-time animation systems.
- Extensive experience with one or more real-time animation middleware (eg: Havok Animation, Granny, Morpheme) or equivalent custom/in-house solutions.
- Experience developing or working with animation blend graphs, real-time IK, animation compression, and/or advanced animation memory management (streaming).
- Enjoys working daily with animators and technical arts to help craft solutions to complex problems.
- 5-10 years game industry software development experience
- Prior experience acting as an owner of animation systems
- Strong knowledge of C++
- Comfort developing across multiple platforms (OSX, Windows, PS4, XBox One)
- Experience with animation systems in network games
- Experience in working with the same animation system across multiple game cycles
- Generalist experience or prior experience in other core areas of game development, such as UI or gameplay programming
- Excellent 3D math skills
- Passion for graphics programming and staying on top of current techniques
- Ability to write clear, maintainable, portable code
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic team player with a very strong work ethic and cooperative attitude
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
How to Apply