Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with hugely talented teams across 4 Studios; Sheffield, Nottingham, Newcastle in the UK and Pune based in India.
Since our inception in 2003 we have had a had a string of successful titles across all gaming platforms for partners that include Microsoft, SEGA, Sony, Disney and many more. Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3) and Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform) . We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) and Dead Island 2 (multi-platform) plus several other exciting but yet unannounced projects.
Role and Purpose
With our 15 th Birthday on the horizon we still have so much to achieve in the world of gaming and hiring top talent is at the core of everything we do. From Artist and Audio specialists to Game Design and UI Developers we are always on the hunt for talent individuals to join a studio with big aspirations. To help facilitate this growth we are looking for a Recruitment Coordinator to join our busy busy In-House Recruitment team.
A peek at our long list of vacancies on our website is enough to elude to the growth that Sumo is going through, and we are looking for a passionate, pro-active Recruitment Coordinator to help us meet our goals. We are driven by hiring the best talent in the shortest possible amount of time whilst ensuring that the candidate experience is at the centre of our approach.
The role is varied, with the recruitment process also going through a restructure and implementation of new systems, you will play an integral role in helping the team evolve.
This position would suit a candidate with some previous recruitment experience or a recent grad with a passion for internal recruitment.
Within this role you will:
- Work closely with other Recruitment specialists and the Talent Acquisition Manager to deliver a first-class service to the business
- Manage the candidate centric full lifecycle of the recruitment process from scoping of new roles, advertising, reviewing CVs and booking in interviews to making offers
- Gather and share feedback within the business for each candidate interview, ensuring that we keep the candidate in the loop throughout the process
- Coordinate candidates from outside the UK coming onsite for face to face interviews
- Take a lead on the visa process that may be necessary for your new hires
- Contribute to recruitment projects from our employee referral programme to supporting diversity across the business
- Have a proactive approach to your role working within a transparent and flat structured team, every voice is important
- Be unafraid to manage upwards and sideways to ensure that hiring managers are supporting the recruitment process
We are looking for someone who is:
- Unflappable, a cool and calm character
- Able to prioritise workload effectively
- A strong communicator, who can easily adapt the fast-paced nature of Sumo
- Technically minded with the ability to pick up software and technology, whilst being able to be submerged in our techie environment
- Obsessive about smashing targets out the window.
Apply for this role if you:
- Have some previous experience in recruitment, although this is not essential
- Can use the Microsoft office suite of products, any previous experience with Applicant Tracking System (ATS) would be stellar
- Are able to build a wide range of relationships across the business, with our service providers and most importantly with our diverse candidate pool
- Have an unrivalled ability to communicate whether that be in a face to face scenario, over the phone or via email
What We Offer
We offer a super benefits package including generous holidays, flexitime and excellent employee benefits. Further perks include our legendry annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, money on your birthday, on site free gym and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.
Please apply at http://www.sumo-digital.com
For a confidential chat about this role please feel free to get in touch with our Talent Acquisition Manager, Holly - Hyoudan@Sumo-Digital.com