Senior Software Engineer, Ads
King (a part of Activision-Blizzard) is building a new team to introduce innovative, impactful, and rewarding advertising experiences to our 300+ million audience of highly-engaged players and to create powerful marketing solutions embraced by the world's biggest marketers.
King is seeking a Senior Software Engineer in our Ads Engineering team, empowering cutting edge mobile advertising technologies to create the next generation of our Ads Platform.
Your role within our Kingdom
* Develop new feature, with unit tests, that can support our large-and-growing user base.
* Whiteboard a fix to a scaling problem -- and then make it happen.
* Collaborate with peers to write, review, or provide feedback on a technical design proposal.
* Provide support to our operations staff in troubleshooting and addressing a production issue.
Skills to create thrills
* BA/BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
* 5+ years of relevant work experience with BS or 3+ year with MS in Computer Science or related field.
* Prior development experience building large scale systems is a must.
* Able to quickly jump into situations with few guardrails and make things better.
* Able to communicate effectively and clearly with other team members.
* Have strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and information retrieval.
* Prior experience with advertising
* Prior experience in Hadoop, Druid, or Storm applications
* Prior experience with messaging systems like Kafka, RabitMQ, Kinesis
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.