This is a fantastic opportunity to join the well established Total War Campaign team.
This position will see you working alongside programmers, designers and artists to deliver new, innovative and compelling gameplay features for the campaign map area of Total War.
This is a chance to work in a large multi-project development environment with plenty of opportunity to develop your skills and career. We are a highly collaborative team and encourage contribution to all areas of the game. Your opinions, even outside your area of expertise, will never be dismissed.
Work with designers and artists to create high-quality gameplay features, including contributing to the design and iteration of those features. Take ownership of new and existing features, and see those features through production to release. Create high-quality, maintainable code using up-to-date C++ practices.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Strong academic background with a 2:1 degree or higher (or equivalent) in a relevant technical field such as computer science, software engineering, mathematics or physics
- Excellent C++ programming skillset
- Expert OO design skills
- Superb knowledge of programming best practices
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability
- Good communication skills to enable effective collaboration with programmers, designers, artists and management staff
- Experience as a programmer in the games industry - at least 2 shipped titles
- Experience developing gameplay systems for strategy games or similar
- Broad gaming experience and a sense of good game design
- A keen player of strategy games and games in general, including Total War
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Perforce and other source control experience
- Familiarity with Lua integration and scripting
We are Creative Assembly
Creative Assembly is one of the UK's leading games development studios, founded in 1987 and located in West Sussex, UK and in Sofia, Bulgaria.
We have gathered our team of world-class, diverse and multi-national talent, dedicated to crafting some of the most renowned gaming experiences and giving our loyal followers worlds in which to immerse themselves.
Our focus on quality has filled our awards cabinet over the years - from BAFTAs to Ivor Novellos. We owe this to our team - creatives from a breadth of backgrounds, who unite to share their ideas and expertise, to craft the highest quality gameplay.