Senior Java Backend Developer - AI R&D
We are looking for a Senior Java Backend Developer to strengthen our AI R&D team in Stockholm.
Your role within our Kingdom
You will be part of a small AI Research and Development team to create innovative solutions for both our games and business functions. The team's mission is to help the company to make informed decisions within the field of AI and Machine Learning.
Your role in the team will focus on developing the backend solutions, stretching from high accuracy data gathering to fully automated systems. You will work closely with both game teams and developer teams creating those innovative and automated systems.
As a developer, we also expect you to be open and humble and to mentor other developers in your team.
As a platform developer at King, you will have a great opportunity to build the systems we need as we don't depend heavily on external frameworks. You'll be responsible for making the architectural decisions which will ensure that every server can handle more load, as well as ensuring that your code is of the highest quality. We offer you the chance to work in an agile environment where frequent, fast-paced releases mean you'll see the impact of your work almost immediately.
You will among other things...
* Design and architect solutions for King's AI back-end infrastructure
* Build efficient and scalable streaming solutions
* Work closely with client developers for an end-to-end solution.
* Maintain and improve on existing features
* Be active in recruitment of new talent
* Share knowledge and help colleagues
Skills to create thrills
* Professional software development experience, with a particular focus on core java
* Experience with high traffic systems
* A deep understanding of performance tuning and scalability
* AI Theory - Passionate interest and basic understanding of Machine Learning
* Experience writing streaming applications or data pipelines, preferably in Flink
* A solid sense of quality and craftsmanship
* A great attitude towards knowledge sharing and you like to work within a team that discusses solutions and ideas
* Exposure to TDD, UNIX environments
* A passion for games
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.