Leader in the development and publishing of mobile games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000. Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and with an audience of 113 million monthly users offers via Gameloft Advertising Solutions a unique level of visibility and involvement to advertisers. Gameloft operates its own established franchises such as Asphalt®, Order & Chaos, Modern Combat and Dungeon Hunter and also partners with major rights holders including Universal, Illumination Entertainment, Disney®, Marvel®, Hasbro®, Fox Digital Entertainment, Mattel® and Ferrari®. Gameloft distributes its games in over 100 countries and employs 5,700 people worldwide. Gameloft is a Vivendi company.
All trademarks referenced above are owned by their respective trademark owners.
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
• Work with the production artists and developers and ensure that game assets are animation and game ready;
• Rigs and skin game assets in 3ds Max while taking into account performance and memory constraints;
• Animate games assets (characters, environments, UI, etc.) for mobile platforms while pushing and maintaining Gameloft’s high-quality standards;
• Report to the Lead Animator for tasks, revisions, content pipeline/workflow, training and creative ideas;
• Execute clients (licensor/lead/supervisor) revisions on spec and in a timely manner;
• Take full ownership of assigned animation tasks, including but not limited to: rigging/skinning, animating in 3ds Max, exporting/testing/fixing bugs in the build;
• Participate in animation reviews and suggest creative ideas and solutions to animation challenges;
• Proactively communicate and coordinate tasks with the team members before and after you in the content pipeline (in person/chat/email);
• Be punctual and attend standups, sprint planning, team and art review meetings;
• You are passionate about all things animation and games related;
• You are professionally and personally driven: you boldly embrace change and are always willing to grow and learn new things;
• You are excited to work in a diverse and challenging work environment;
• You are able to work in large or small teams as well as work independently and take full ownership of your tasks;
• Degree/Diploma in 3D animation;
• Minimum 7 years professional experience as a 3D animator in the gaming industry;
• Expert knowledge in 3ds Max, biped, CAT and custom rigs essential;
• Expert knowledge in rigging and skinning;
• Experience in 3D modeling with focus on characters (topology and modeling for animation);
• Experience in 2D animation a plus;
• Deep understanding of animation principles and how best to employ these;
• Excellent knowledge of human/creature anatomy and motion;
• Strong observation skills and an Eye for Detail;
• A mastery of various animation styles, realistic and stylized in both 3D and 2D;
Why join Gameloft?
• You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
• You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
• You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
• Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
What can Gameloft Toronto offer you?
• Health insurance coverage
• Employee Assistance Program
• Meal and transportation discounts
• Social club events
• Fresh Fruit every morning!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
Only selected candidates will be contacted, and your CV will be saved in our files for 6 months.
Gameloft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to fostering diversity and inclusivity within our work environment. Gameloft Toronto welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year