AT RELIC ENTERTAINMENT
Can you rattle off seven different ways to architect a memory allocator?
Do you mindlessly reorder structures and systems to improve memory access patterns?
Do context switches make you cringe?
If so, our Systems Programmer role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re on the hunt for a Systems Programmer to join the team at our HQ in Vancouver, Canada. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
As our Systems Programmer you will…
- Identify performance issues
- Design, estimate, and implement optimizations
- Build infrastructure to enable the team to more easily meet performance goals
- Propose and implement large architectural changes to achieve global performance wins
- Look at ways to alter our content conditioning tools to make our content more efficient
- Work with teammates to correct performance issues
- Work with other programmers to help them write more efficient code
- Ensure performance measurements can be consistently reproduced
We’re looking for someone who has…
- 5+ years of programming experience
- A computer Science or Engineering degree (or equivalent experience)
- Shipped multiple performance-sensitive games
- Strong knowledge of C++
- Strong knowledge of math(s) and linear algebra
- Knowledge of X86, X64, and/or PowerPC assembly
- Deep understanding of modern processors and their performance capabilities
- A positive attitude and a sense of humour
- A love for games!
It’s a bonus if you have…
- Experience in games or have shipped a AAA or console title
- Have written your own OS (not likely, but we thought we would ask)
- Knowledge of C#
- A website or github account with samples of your code
What’s in it for you?
You will become part of the SEGA family (includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, and Hardlight Studio) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through this portal - you'll find the application below! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.