Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
Senior Software Engineer -
Location Information: Guildford, UK
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Battlefield , Mass Affect, Star Wars Battlefront, Madden, FIFA, Sims and Need for Speed, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.
The Senior Software Engineer position plays an important role in development of key security tools used to defend EA and its players from cyber-attacks. The objectives of this role includes, but is not limited to:
- Development & customizing plugins with a focus on the back-end services for the SIEM.
- Developing for a Node.js runtime environment.
This role reports into the Global Security Incident Response Team and maintains strong relations with all Line of Business technology groups. The successful applicant will work closely with a number of key individuals and teams including the Intrusions Team, Security Operations Centre, Information Security Team, EA Digital Platform TechOps team and Corporate IT teams to perform day-to-day development duties.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
• Industry experience in a large, mission-critical environment
• Experience of developing Kibana plugins highly desirable
• Good Understanding of TCP/IP e.g. have implemented proprietary TCP/UDP server
• Good grasp of network and OS technical aspects
• Ability to work independently and in a cross functional team with the ability to identify both tactical and strategic solutions.
• Ability to work flexible hours, when necessary, to align more with United States Pacific coast hours
• Commercial experience with C/C++ on a Linux platform
• Commercial experience programming with MongoDB/Elastic and at least 1 SQL DB server
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.