Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
We are EA
We entertain millions of people across the globe with the most amazing and immersive interactive software in the industry. But making games is hard work. That’s why we employ the most creative, passionate people in the industry.
The Challenge Ahead
Ghost Games is seeking an experienced User Interface Artist to join the team, either in Gothenburg, Sweden or Guildford, UK. You will be responsible for developing common interface ergonomics, which includes the creation of overlays for in-game presentation and functionality of the product. You will also conceptualize, design, and create individual assets for the interface. Most importantly- it will be your job to ensure the player experience is as intuitive as possible in guiding them through a complex network of selection and customization screens.
What a UI Artist does at EA:
- Partner with the Art Director, designers and programmers to deliver on an innovative, attractive and functional user experience
- Build and maintain the UI art style guide in line with vision, ensuring UI delivers a consistent and immersive gaming experience to our players
- Work closely with the UI Engineers to implement UI features
- Rapidly iterate and develop solutions to design challenges while following creative and art direction
- Creation of required art assets (icons etc.)
The next great UI Artist also needs:
- Relevant games industry UI experience
- Excellent and proven graphic and information design background
- Strong usability design/test experience
- Tirelessly champions the user’s experience, focusing on positive reinforcement
- Ability to iterate on clear and complete user/data flows prior to development (e.g., Visio, Balsamiq, etc.)
- Excellent communicator and collaborator who loves to work with programmers, designers, and other artists
- Adept with standard art tools of the trade (Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Experience with motion art / After Effects is beneficial
- Ideally a track record of shipped titles, with at least 1 of these being AAA on a current generation console
What’s in it for you? Glad you asked!
We realise it takes world-class people to make world-class games, so we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives on creative freedom and autonomy.
We thought you might also want to know:
More about our studio: https://www.ea.com/studios/ghost-games
More about our location: https://www.ea.com/careers/careers-overview/guildford
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We look forward to receiving your application!
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.