Software Engineer PhD Intern (Frostbite)
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EA and Frostbite UK
At EA, we have one simple vision: become the world’s greatest games company. We are a community of artists, storytellers, technologists and innovators working in one of the most dynamic industries today. We’re building a company that thinks about player experience at every step. We are transforming for a digital future and work as one team. We take risks and we dream big. And together, we are changing the way millions play every day.
Frostbite UK, based in EA’s Guildford campus is a growing team that plays a critical role in this, providing a world-class cross-platform physics engine and features that directly drive innovation in EA’s key franchises. Following recent success with franchises such as FIFA, Dragon Age, Need For Speed, Battlefield and now Star Wars Battlefront we are inviting applications from highly-motivated and talented PhD students to join our team as an Intern.
We are looking for an Intern to join our team in 2018 to work with us as part of our team, engaged with game teams around the globe to deliver outstanding physics innovation and performance on PS4, Xbox One, PC, iOS, and Android. The role will include executing on all aspects of software engineering including testing, debugging and optimization but also opportunities to grow your experience and skills with participation on continued research and development in our collision, simulation and tools libraries.
Intern Role Requirements
- Currently studying towards a PhD degree in Physics, Mathematics or Computer Science
- C/C++ programming in any domain, including games, graphics, scientific or numerical simulations (you should be able to demonstrated these skills pre-interview by taking a programming test)
- Good level of understanding of mechanics, math and numerical methods
- Project experience (e.g. Open Source, coursework, or hobby) with programming languages such as C++, C#, Java etc.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Self-starter who can work with others in a team-oriented environment as well as independently
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.