We are now looking for an experienced Lead or Senior.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- Planning and organising the entire QA process from start to finish on projects assigned to you.
- Scrutinising testers day-to-day performance and focus, as well as Mantis and test plan usage.
- Assisting the QA Manager in mentoring and training junior QA staff.
- Planning, creating and executing testing plans to ensure all titles are defect free and ready for any platform holder certification testing.
- Planning, creating and executing risk assessment documentation to assure that all projects pass smoothly through the QA cycle.
- Testing games to destruction to find and document all defects
- Being fully aware of format holders’ technical requirements and being able to add that knowledge to a comprehensive testing plan
- Compiling a list of defects or any issues of design or implementation during a testing cycle
- Preparing bug analysis reports for Production staff
- Identifying and articulating problem areas within a game
- Participating in game reviews and evaluations to measure the functionality of a game against its design specification
- Working side-by-side with development teams to track issues and provide any help to assist in the remedy of any defects
- Maintaining a positive atmosphere in the testing department.
- 3+ years’ experience within a computer game developer.
- Shipped a minimum of one game as the lead QA from pre-production to release.
- Good ability to communicate problems and the ability to understand the requirements of the development teams.
- Experience of mentoring more junior staff and monitoring their progress on a daily basis.
- The ability to devise good working practices and approaches to problem solving.
- The ability to adapt to product changes and adapt testing practices to suit.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience and understanding of Microsoft XR/Sony TRC compliance documentation.