Welcome to Rovio!
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Senior Game Designer to join our successful Puzzle Studio in Espoo, Finland.
Rovio’s Puzzle Studio is the established and passionate team behind the successful Angry Birds Pop, Angry Birds Blastand newly launched and soaring Angry Birds Match.
Our vision is to reinvent the puzzle category with games where time-to-fun is measured in seconds, but deep, immersive meta-game and social gameplay turn them into hobbies lasting for years.
You are able to create game concepts that combine casual approachability of puzzle games with depth and social dynamics of mid-core games. You are fluent in a number of casual and mid-core social-game systems and mechanics and have the critical thinking to know when to improvise when to come up with something new or when to use existing practices. From insights into our audience you are able to craft deep emotional experiences in games so that players think about them even when they are not playing.
You share our passion to take the casual social gaming to next level by providing deeper gameplay experiences, and for that you want to understand human psychology and social dynamics to really tick players' intrinsic social motivations and needs.
You'll fit in our flock if you want to:
- Share our vision of re-inventing casual puzzle games
- Create and lead the execution of game concepts that achieve both creative and commercial success in mobile F2P
- Continuously learn and keep improving with ambitious and likeminded gaming professionals
You’ll need these skills:
- 7+ yrs commercial experience and proven success working on mobile F2P games, preferably both from operating a live game as well as developing a game from scratch
- Experience in creating strong game concepts and leading their execution
- Strong social game design skills, understanding the dynamics of competition and collaboration.
- Experience in creating and managing highly balanced game systems for competitive play
- Skills and passion to lead game vision, willingness to have an open mind and adapt and iterate designs, but also steer and make decisions when needed
- A genuine interest in F2P and mobile games, as well as the wider world of gaming
- Strong interest and belief in data-driven approach to support & validate intuition
It would be lovely if you also have:
- Creative writing experience
- CCG/Strategy/RPG design experience
If you feel you have what it takes to join our ambitious and exciting team, apply now! Interviewing starts as soon as we find interesting candidates.
Looking forward to hearing from you!