About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're now expanding our team for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for superstars to help us make them happen.
With significant experience in a third line / systems role, Splash Damage's IT Systems Engineer will provide pro-active hands on support. Reporting directly to the Senior Engineer's in the team, the IT Systems Engineer will provide excellent customer service and possess a keen technical knowledge to meet the company's needs and ensure the smooth running of the department. In addition, the IT Systems Engineer will be expected to be involved in Lab testing, deployment, auditing and management of IT solutions; compiling reports, and driving continuous improvement. Working with top tier enterprise solutions such as but not limited to Solarwinds, VMware & Veeam Enterprise Plus, Windows Server & System Center Datacenter Edition and Secure Productive Enterprise.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Design solutions to customer presented problems
- Take ownership of entire systems and train others in their operation
- Build, develop and manage infrastructure and development platforms
- Support and maintenance of advanced server infrastructure
- Provide high quality, responsive and consistent resolutions to IT Incidents
- Take ownership of incidents throughout their lifecycle
- Supporting the Service Desk, monitoring responsiveness and ensuring Customer Satisfaction.
- Proactively improve the efficiency of Splash Damage through the research and implementation of collaborative and time saving IT Systems
- Supervise and mentor junior members of the team, regularly introducing them to new technologies.
- Public Cloud IaaS Expertise (AWS and Azure)
- PowerShell Scripting or coding experience
- VMware & Hyper-V solutions design and implementation
- System Center, Ansible, Automation & Containerisation
- Fanatical knowledge of PC Gaming hardware including peripherals, sound cards, graphics cards and drivers
- Advanced knowledge of Client Operating Systems and their management
- Experience with Office 365 and the complexities within
- Communication Technologies, Exchange, Outlook, Skype for Business
- Advanced Active Directory Management
- Advanced knowledge of networking technologies; TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
- Extensive hardware knowledge (able to build, diagnose, and repair workstations and servers)
- Methodical troubleshooting skills
- Server Operating Systems; Windows Server 2012 R2, 2016
- Experience with enterprise network equipment / ASA Firewalls
- Linux and open-source experience
- Backup Best Practices and experience with major backup suites
- Good knowledge of advanced storage technologies
- Self-motivated and Enthusiastic
- A "Can Do" approach to duties and unexpected tasks
- Sharp problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and effectively as part of a team
- Outstanding Customer Service Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills; verbal and written
- Happy to provide on-call / remote cover for IT Systems
- Interest in continued educational achievement in IT
- Rapid assimilation of highly complex systems and large volumes of documentation
- Ability to communicate technical information to all audiences
- Remain calm, efficient and productive under pressure, especially with time critical tasks at short notice
- Flexibility to adapt to rapidly changing circumstances
- Happy to travel to provide offsite IT support, both nationally and internationally.
- Ability to be a positive, patient & supportive tutor / role model to less experienced staff
- Methodical & scientific approach to diagnostics
- Experience playing computer games, and a keen interest in video games software / hardware.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent
- Extensive experience in a variety of Technical hands on IT roles
- Significant Years at third line with a track record of excellent system design & deployment
- Desirable: MCSE, MCSA, CCNA, VCP, VCAP, AWS-C, Azure MCP
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will cover you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.