About the internship
We have an opportunity for you to join us in our wonderfully creative office based in the heart of Berlin. Working under the mentorship of an experienced UI Artist, you will help our live game department with optimizing the look and feel of our games to ensure our 2 million daily active users have as great of an experience as possible. Here at Wooga, you'll have real responsibility and ownership. Give us your passion and ambition and we promise you'll learn a lot in our fast-paced and dynamic workplace!
Wanna check out a bit more behind the scenes of our office? Then check us out on YouTube , Pinterest our very own website or just plain old Google us .
What you'll do
You'll help shape the look of the game and contribute your own style to it by:
- Working closely with the game designers and product managers to create interfaces for both concepts and new features
- Produce wireframes and prototypes for user tests
- Conduct the user tests with other team members
- Design UI animations and transitions for both iOS and Android devices
- Maintain the consistency of the existing style guide, constantly optimizing it and creating new ways of making it more exciting
Who you are
- You are currently enrolled in a university program focusing on UI/UX design, graphic design, or similar. Ideally, you are in the last semester of your studies.
- You have at least 6 months time to dedicate to an internship with us (excluding application time and visa processing time, if applicable). The exact start date of the internship is flexible.
- You are super passionate about designing great UI for mobile apps, particularly for games
- You are always glued to your mobile, playing with the heart of a gamer but the head of a designer
- You have an evangelical appreciation for user experience and interaction design
- You are a good communicator and you can impart all of your modern wisdom to us old-fashioned gamers regarding everything that is important about the mobile experience
- You are up to date with all of the latest techniques and technologies, including
- Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
- Prototyping solutions such as Proto IO, Proto Pie, or Adobe XD
- Extra points for 3D, Animation, and After Effects experience, as well as experience with implementation in Unity or other game engines
Please make sure to include a portfolio with your application!
What we offer you
- Work in a small, autonomous team with a high degree of creative freedom.
- Collaborative and open company culture dedicated to making world-class games. Your work will be seen by millions of players every day!
- Talented, inspiring colleagues from all over the world, including your own personal mentor to ensure you learn and develop throughout the internship
- Located in Europe's most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life - not currently in Berlin? We offer relocation and work permit support!
- The chance to be offered a permanent contract after the successful completion of the internship
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences.