Purpose of the role
Frontier is looking for an exceptional concept artist with passion for a wide genre of video games to help develop our exciting upcoming projects!
The ideal candidate would collaborate closely with the art director and art leads to help define the visuals of our game worlds, be able to quickly generate ideational sketches, to deliver exciting and evocative mood shots as well as clear and detailed prop and character designs.
Please note that this is a fulltime, onsite role at our studio in Cambridge, UK. We are not looking for applicants who wish to work from home, or on a freelance basis.
- Collaborate with art director, lead artists and fellow concept artists
- Follow defined art style
- Generate ideational sketches, quickly communicating visual ideas.
- Create evocative and inspiring establishing shots
- Design game objects (buildings, vehicles, props , characters, clothing …)
- Paint over ingame geometry to define render targets.
- Enthusiastic, selfmotivated with good work ethic
- Eager to learn and able to take constructive feedback as well as collaborate on ideas while displaying openness to the requirements of the project.
- Strong sense of lighting and mood, with a good grasp of color theory
- A knack for striking compositions, and esthetically pleasing designs.
- inexhaustible imagination, creative in a wide genre of styles , thematically & stylistically.
Qualifications & Experience
- High level of drawing and illustration, firm understanding of the pictorial fundamentals (perspective, proportions, shapes, color and value.. )
- Extensive knowledge of Photoshop, comfortable with digital painting as well as compositing (photo bashing) techniques
- Portfolio demonstrating the above
- knowledge of a 3d package, to the extent of being able to model and render realistically lit 3D blockouts or more detailed models
- strong grasp of human posing and gestures
- knowledge of game engines (unity, unreal..)