Programming | Montréal, Québec, Canada
Title: Gameplay Programmer
Reports To: Lead Programmer
- Develop software in C++ by applying the principles of object-oriented coding;
- Work with the Game Design and Animation teams in order to make the technical design and implement a gameplay system that particularly controls the main character;
- Quickly prototype new gameplays;
- Analyze and estimate the time, cost as well as the impact of the proposed functions;
- Ensure that the ambitions remain consistent with the deadline;
- Debug and optimize own code as much at the low level than at the high level to guarantee the technical quality and the performance;
- Work effectively with the programming and developing teams;
- Plan own work effectively, and provide accurate updates on the progress;
- Be a positive contributor for the achievement of the project and the team objectives.
Required Experience and qualifications:
- 2+ years of industry experience in Programming;
- University diploma in programming, computer engineering, software engineering or the equivalent;
- Experience on developing main character systems;
- Already shipped at least one AAA game;
- Must have an excellent knowledge of C++;
- Experience with multi-platform development is an asset.
- Ability to manage own time independently;
- Team player;
- A desire to push the barriers of technology in video game is required;
- Maturity to give and receive constructive criticism is expected;
- Be a good communicator.
Motivation and interests:
- Passion and ambition for videogames are essential.