Technical Director (Core Data Services)
Interested in scalability? With over 200 million monthly active users from our popular games franchises including Candy Crush, Farm Heroes and Bubble Witch, being able to handle ridiculously-high volumes of data and traffic is the name of the game. And with STL, based out of King's London offices located close to Oxford Circus - but with branches in Barcelona and Stockholm - you'll get to work on business-critical systems that support these users. Whether it's core data engineering, user acquisition technology, vital tools that are needed by our games teams, or reporting and visualisation suites, there's an exciting opportunity for you here to get stuck into within Shared Technology - and one you can get stuck into right away!
Your role within our Kingdom
Grow our data teams & our site
* Support your teams towards continual growth in breadth & depth, accountability and delivery.
* Identify upcoming talent in your team and nurture their growth.
* Leave room to grow in your leadership team to build a self-sustaining organisation.
* Build and maintain a performance & expertise culture within your team, and support the same across Shared Tech London.
* Together with other key leaders on our site, identify and delegate to remedy challenges in our ability to deliver.
* Be a site advocate, working to unify our teams and create success for all.
Support a long-term, inspiring vision for data at King
* Together with our Chief Data Architect, create a long-term, aligned vision for data evolution of King.
* Work together will off-team stakeholders to unify this vision so that it is accepted and adhered to across all of King.
* Identify and fill gaps together with Infrastructure Engineering and third party, external data services providers.
Define and advocate a roadmap for your team and associated teams
* Advocate and secure required headcount to deliver your vision.
* Work with Senior stakeholders to secure buy-in for required change.
Align with our Portal vision
* Work within our unified Portal, which supports our internal teams, our partner teams within Activision/Blizzard and our third-party publishing partner teams.
* Ensure your product vision creates a compelling customer experience when viewed as part of the totality of our Portal; minimize overlaps, create natural user-flows through our various products and maintain consistency of language, idioms & user experience.
* Be a productive advocate for change in our overall Product vision, to further your products' success.
Uphold our SLAs
* Identify and maintain 24/7 service, with well-defined SLAs for key products.
* Build the required team capacity to adhere to our SLAs.
* Keep yourself at the forefront of the ever-changing data landscape and our options to utilise industry advancements to our advantage.
Be a King advocate
* Attend conferences, meet-ups and similar events to advocate for King as an exciting, dynamic place to grow your career.
* Ensure CDS organization is set up to successfully meet meets business needs
* Responsible for the growth and development of direct reports and expanded team
* Managed employee relations in close collaboration with HR
Skills to create thrills
* Experience with Big Data systems - we have some of the biggest in the world.
* Broad technical excellence across the entire data domain.
* Skills to grow, mentor and give feedback to teams and leaders of leaders.
* An instinct to bridge gaps across domains, locations and reporting lines. There is no us and them\", only \"we\".
* Experience with on-prem, off-prem and hybrid installations and transitions between those.
* A constant desire to evolve to keep King on the edge, pushing inside and outside the team to achieve change."
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
We're Seriously Playful
Officially, we're a leading interactive entertainment company for the mobile world. Unofficially, we're a serious business that's not afraid to have fun. Every day at King, we mix intuition with logic, art with science and magic with mathematics to create the games the world loves to play. Together with our parent company Activision Blizzard, our mission is to bring moments of magic to everyday life. If you think this is something you can help us achieve, let's talk.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.