Junior 3D Vehicle Artist
Job ID 2018-1199
Department Train Sim World
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds and create breath-taking games. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition, we are looking for a Junior 3D Vehicle Artist, reporting into the Lead Artist, who will help build 3D vehicles and assist in the creation of realistic real-world locations for Train Sim World. They will work as part of the internal art teams to ensure our content is delivered on time and to a high standard of quality.
This is a 1 year fixed-term position.
- Creating realistic, high end quality vehicle art assets
- Collaborating with the other members of the Train Sim World Art team to formulate plans to deliver all required content for a Route / Content Pack
- Working with the programming team to ensure all assets created meet performance benchmarks whilst maintaining a high quality finish
- Maintaining the right modelling and texture scale consistency across the models
- Following art pipelines, workflows and performance budget limitations
- Great communicator and team player with a can-do attitude
- Ability to create art assets to a high standard
- A keen interest in creating realistic vehicles
- Experience of Unreal Engine 4 beneficial
- Strong 3D Studio Max and Photoshop / Quixel / Substance skills
- Ability to critically evaluate 3D art and provide effective feedback
- Good understanding of most CG techniques and technologies
- A passion to deliver quality simulation software
About Dovetail Games
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- Winners of the KEiBA 2015 Technology Business of the Year
- Developing games across multiple platforms using cutting edge technology
- 23 days holiday + 8 days statutory holiday
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.