Job ID 2018-1200
At Dovetail Games we are passionate about empowering our people to build beautiful worlds, create breath-taking games and do the best work of their career. We are growing fast, developing our games using cutting edge technology and across multiple platforms, and we have big ambitions to become the Number 1 Simulation Entertainment Company in the World.
To help achieve this ambition we are looking for a Community Manager to join our team, working on the Trains Simulation franchise. Reporting into the Trains Marketing Manager, you will manage Dovetail Games’ communities to a high standard, keeping them up to date with engaging content to continue to attract our consumer base.
- Experience of setting up and running regular livestreams (Twitch/Mixer)
- Ability to both manage and proactively post in forums, social media and other online community destinations e.g. Discord.
- Daily engagement with Dovetail Games’ Trains communities across all channels, creating engaging content
- Drive creative innovation to support our online and in-game communities
- Share community feedback and developments with relevant stakeholders within the business
- Partner with the development team to help communicate game enhancements and features
- Record, analyse and report quantitative and qualitative data to shape future campaigns
- Develop strategies to improve user experience, build communities and ultimately generate new business
- Proven experience of managing communities and social media accounts/channels
- Knowledge of train simulation and trains is very beneficial
- Knowledge of the game streaming and video creation space, with an understanding of top players and trends on YouTube and Twitch
- Experience with CMS publishing tools is an advantage
- Experience managing and creating content plans
- Strong knowledge of social media management tools, digital media platforms and relevant trends to incorporate these into campaigns
- Fluent in English, speaking and writing, with impeccable writing and proofreading skills
- Second language (German/French) is beneficial but not essential
- Excellent customer service
- A passion for video games, and an in-depth knowledge of the industry
- A degree, or equivalent experience, in a relevant subject
- Strong analytical skills
About Dovetail Games
- Recently announced in the Sunday Times Tech Track 100
- 31 days off per year (including bank holidays), increasing with service
- Excellent work-life balance
- Pension scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Eye-care vouchers
- Free parking
- Regular social and sporting activities
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and diversity, and all applicants will be considered on their merit, qualifications, competence and talent regardless of any protected characteristics.