We are looking for a DevOps engineer who isn't afraid of learning new technologies and working across disciplines to deliver a self-healing infrastructure that can handle King scale\" - a few percent of the Earth's population."
Your role within our Kingdom
You'll be coding infrastructure automation and self-healing features that operate both in our data centers and in the cloud, troubleshooting component failures, and improving the quality of our live game technology foundation. You will be collaborating with and learning from game teams, data scientists, backend, security, QA and other infrastructure engineers. Your responsibilities include:
* Shape the future of our hosting services together with King shared tech to satisfy game team requirements
* Write code for creating infrastructure, automation, self-healing, deployment, provisioning and more
* Develop custom container orchestration features
* Set up and integrate health and performance monitoring
* Keep our hosting environment secure
* Participate in occasional travel and periodic video conferencing with our European shared tech teams
* Optimize our build pipeline and automate operating system image updates
* Work in an agile manner, track your work in Jira, document it in Confluence, and contribute to weekly stakeholder reports
* Perform after hours on call duties driving issues to resolution, maintaining a high quality bar and keeping a players first\" mentality"
Skills to create thrills
* Debian / Ubuntu Linux, Mac OS X and Windows internals and administration
* MySQL database administration and tuning
* SaltStack, Chef or Puppet experience
* Cloud, OpenNebula VM and Docker container lifecycle management
* Familiarity with programming AWS API and operating AWS services including S3, Route53, EC2, Cloudfront, Redshift, SQS, VPC, Security Groups
* Capable of owning a story or feature end to end while seeking help when you need it
* Presentation and communications skills to share relevant topics in various settings
* Possess a high sense of quality, polish and pride in the work you deliver
* Kafka, TSDB, Logstash, ElasticSearch, Graylog, Kibana, ETL
* Datadog, Grafana, Nagios
* Docker Swarm, Kubernetes
* Google cloud, GKE and Microsoft Azure, AKS
* Java, Go, Powershell, Perforce, and Percona XtraDB cluster
* OpenSSL, security certificate installations
* Deep knowledge in router, firewall, load balancer, VMware ESXi configurations
A great saga needs all sorts of heroes
Making games is fun. Especially when you do it with people who share the same idea of what makes a good workplace, great. We design games for everyone, no matter where they are or who they are, and we employ all sorts of people from all kinds of backgrounds to bring them to life. Truth is, we simply can't expect diversity in our players and originality in our games without first nurturing it in our people. A great saga needs all sorts of heroes. And that's it.
King in Seattle
Surrounded by oceans, mountains and forests, Seattle strikes the perfect balance between culture and adventure. The buzzing, tech-focused city is also home to innovative games studio Z2 - part of the King family. Non-Seattleites needn't worry. Despite the rumours, it's really not that rainy. Seattle usually receives less rainfall than New York and Chicago. Usually.
Want to join our Kingdom? You'll find all you need to apply, plus more information on our culture, values and benefits, including relocation packages at jobs.king.com. All applications should be made in English.