Production – Stockholm
We are Fatshark
We are an independent Swedish game development studio located in Södermalm, Stockholm. With about 75 experienced and skilled employees we have worked as contractors for a number of AAA projects, as well as developed titles with publishers and independently for both consoles and PC. Our most recent game is the critically acclaimed title Warhammer: Vermintide 2. We tackle every project, genre and setting with enthusiasm, professionalism and a cup of coffee.
Fatshark is looking for an experienced Localization Manager to join our studio. The role requires working closely in partnership with both our internal teams and external partners. We put a lot of effort in writing and recording and since the majority of our players are from non-English speaking countries so we want all our globalised versions to reflect that.
What we offer
Here at Fatshark, we do what we love most: design high-profile games for PCs and consoles, with the passion and freedom of being indie. We offer you:
- A fun, friendly and inclusive work place.
- Hands-on production environment with an emphasis on cooperative/multiplayer games.
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects, experienced co-workers and recurring hack weeks.
- Regulated flex time and paid overtime.
- Office located in central Stockholm.
- Manage localization from beginning to end, working closely with internal teams, external outsource partners and license owners, both for in-game and out of game content.
- Manage and coordinate the localization (both translation and LQA) from English to target languages.
- Plan, set and adhere to budgets and schedules.
- Set up and manage internal reviews, milestones and approvals in relation to localization.
- Communicate dates, status updates and risks to project management and other stakeholders.
- Build, Improve on and produce documentation for the processes used in the localization workflow.
- Experienced: you have spent 3+ years working in a localization management or multi-lingual production capacity, in games or other entertainment business.
- Player-centric: as a player yourself, you know that subpar localization disrupts the player experience, whereas great localization brings clarity to gameplay and makes players feel they are being given the right kind of attention.
- Organised: you have extensive experience in working with complex processes to facilitate organisation and improve project structures.
- Focused: you have a meticulous attention to detail and don’t let anything slip through the cracks.
- Open: excellent communication, program/account management skills (ability to partner, communicate, coordinate between multiple, cross-disciplinary teams)
- A team player: you are flexible and adaptive, have a positive attitude and have the ability to collaborate, lead and inspire.
- Experience of working with licensed titles or high-profile IPs.
- Experience from other parts of games development, production and/or publishing.
- Knowledge in Warhammer lore.
- Degree in linguistics or similar.
We will be reviewing applications and interviewing candidates continuously throughout the application period.
The application period ends 30 June 2018.