Demonware creates and provides the online services behind hugely popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty and Skylanders. We provide matchmaking, microtransactions, storage and account management services for almost half a billion users. Demonware has offices in Dublin, Ireland; Vancouver, Canada; and Shanghai, China, and is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Activision Blizzard, Inc.
The focus of the Matchmaking team is to create a fully tunable product, placing globally connected players together in the best possible matches. Matchmaking is the core of the multiplayer gameplay experience. A successful matchmaking engine is at the heart of every successful online competitive game.
Problems we need to solve:
• How do you balance the time to find a match vs precision accuracy?
• How do you predict, measure, and evaluate connectivity and latency between peers?
• How do you scale out to millions of concurrent players?
• How do you balance teams that result in fun and compelling games?Responsibilities:
• Liaise with Studios on feature implementation, ensuring their requirements are met in a timely appropriate manner. You will need to be the customer's advocate within Demonware and be accountable for what we deliver to them. Provide exemplary customer service personally and through the team.
• Design and develop the Matchmaking product according to Demonware's standards of reliability and quality using best coding and modular design practises.
• Ensure all components are highly scalable, maintainable, and monitored.
• Troubleshoot issues and be proactive about identifying solutions to problems.Requirements:
• Exposure and experience with the domain of Matchmaking in online games.
• Proven ability to analyze requirements and make corresponding design decisions.
• A strong background with open source and Linux environments.
• Experience with continuous integration and agile methodologies.
• Responsible for tactical management of an engineering team, where success depends on the team's performance. Expected to coordinate, organize, inspire, and lead a team of engineers to deliver a successful product.
• Provide critical feedback and mentorship to members of the team. You will be involved in performance management and goal setting for individual engineers.
• A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent.Desirable:
• Understanding of modern gameplay designs for AAA games; can engage with designers and developers alike.
• Exposure to data analytics to be able to work effectively with the Activision Analytics team.What Demonware Offers:
• An excellent salary, with annual performance reviews
• 25 days holidays
• Annual bonus program
• Annual pay review
• Pension matching contributions
• Top-tier healthcare for you and your family
• Life insurance coverage
• Free Activision Games
• Snacks 24/7
• Flexible working practices, based on the belief that the quality of your work is not dependent on the number of hours sitting behind a desk
• A culture that emphasizes continual learning and improvement, with opportunities for career progression, travel, and a commitment to open sourceDemonware by the numbers:
• 469+ million gamers
• 3.2+ million concurrent online gamers
• 100+ games
• 300,000 requests per second at peak
• Average query response time of
• 630,000+ metrics a minute
• 132 billion+ API calls per monthPlease note: We do not require agency assistance at this time.